Call for Submissions are now open for the 17th annual exhibition Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe staged on Perth’s stunning Cottesloe Beach from 5 – 22 March 2021. You are invited to submit an entry online by Wednesday 19 August, 11.59pm Australian Eastern Standard Time. Please be aware that paper copy applications by post or hand delivered are not being accepted this year.
We would be grateful if this could be passed on to anyone who might be interested in applying for Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2021. Please feel free to distribute this email, post on relevant notice boards and share throughout your networks. Please read below for more details.
Before beginning your application please read our Terms and Conditions.
To apply online
To begin your online application, please click here.
The deadline for online applications is Wednesday 19 August 2020, 11.59pm Australian Eastern Standard Time.
Awards and Subsidies for Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2021 include:
- The $10,000 Bendat Family Foundation Invited WA Artist Program, each for three WA artists invited by the Sculpture by the Sea National Artistic Advisory Committee
- Western Australian Sculptor Scholarship of $10,000 with thanks to Gavin Bunning AM & Julienne Penny
- Alcoa Aluminium Award of $10,000 for a new significant work in Aluminium open to all exhibiting artists
- The Mostyn Family Foundation Artist Subsidy of $5,000 for an International Artist
- Assistance for all artists for reasonable use of install and de-install Site Crew and heavy equipment
- The EY People’s Choice prize of $5,000
Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2021 Curatorial Panel includes:
- Ron Bradfield Jnr Artist, CYO of Yarns R Us, Storyteller and former Regional & Indigenous Development Manager, Artsource;
- Dr Nien Schwarz Artist & Honorary Senior Lecturer, School of Arts and Humanities, Edith Cowan University;
- Professor Ted Snell AM Cit WA Chief Cultural Officer, Director, Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery, Cultural Precinct, University of Western Australia; and
- Philip Spelman Artist
Please feel free to distribute this email, post on relevant notice boards and share throughout your networks.
If you have any questions regarding the enclosed information please contact Zoe Kazic, Exhibition Coordinator on email@example.com or +(61 2) 8399 0233
Photo above by Clyde Yee. Václav Fiala, ‘Tower for Jan Palach’, Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2020.