„Kultur einer Digitalstadt e.V.” is once again inviting applications for three artist-in-science residencies for artists of all disciplines in January 2023.
A total of three 6-week fellowships will be held between May and October 2023. The studio residency at the Rosenhöhe in Darmstadt is linked to cooperation with one of the three cooperating research institutions. The cooperation partners are the Hessian Centre for Artificial Intelligence (hessian.AI), the GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research and the European Space Operations Centre (ESOC).
The scholarship holders have their own studio at Rosenhöhe and – depending on the possibilities of the cooperating institute – a workplace at the research institutions. The aims of the programe are: To provide artists with access to institutions, to promote sustainable exchange between science and art, to further develop independent artistic research, and to present and publish the projects carried out during the AiSR.
Deadline: 23. februar 2023
What does the Artist-in-Science-Residence offer?
• A six-week stay in the studio house Ludwig-Engel-Weg 1 at Darmstadt‘s Rosenhöhe in the immediate vicinity of Mathildenhöhe
• Access to the cooperating institute and work opportunities in accordance with the proposed project and the resources there
• A scholarship totalling 3,000 EUR
• Reimbursement of travel expenses according to expenditure up to a maximum of € 1,000
• An exhibition space in which to present during or at the conclusion of the residency
• Publication and communication of the project via KeD‘s social media channels
What do we expect from the scholarship holders?
• Presence in Darmstadt during the scholarship period
• Willingness to interact with experts and an interested audience during the AiSR
• A final documentation and factual report (no later than one month after completion, form to be agreed)
• The provision of free image material for the project and the participating research institution
Mere information og ansøgning her