An IoT and cultural cooperation across national borders
The City of Helsingborg and the Municipality of Elsinore are looking for creative entrepreneurs, artists, designers, creators, programmers and more who want to work with IoT and art in a public place, but indoors.
We are interested in projects that show new ways of working with technology and culture together with cities. The final result will be shown in both Elsinore and Helsingborg. Therefore, your idea must be mobile and fit into a public environment.
Helsingør and Helsingborg are two cities that both want to develop the creative sector. Both cities experience that entrepreneurs in the cultural sector have difficulty developing new innovative ideas that have the potential to grow and are visible on an international stage. The best ideas are usually only realized at the local level – in this case either in Elsinore or in Helsingborg. The two cities want to establish a partnership to improve the opportunities for artistic innovation and entrepreneurship in the cultural sector – across the strait.
The two cities want provide entrepreneurs in the cultural sector with increased exposure and the experience on how to scale up an idea and a larger network in Denmark and Sweden. The project will create a common community in Helsingør / Helsingborg for entrepreneurs in the cultural sector and create a sense of belonging through shared ownership of the ideas and experiences created for the public. We also want to create a cultural and technical experience for residents and the tourism industry when they are shown in Helsingør and Helsingborg during the project period. The purpose is to test new ways of working with technology and culture in cities in both Denmark and Sweden from an entrepreneurial perspective. Create new opportunities for entrepreneurs but also creative methods for cities to work with interdisciplinary projects. The aim is also to test new methods for interdisciplinary development within municipalities in both Denmark and Sweden.
What we are looking for
In the selection of projects, we choose two projects, one Danish and one Swedish, which have the following characteristics:
- The project develops solutions that can benefit the cities and give the inhabitants a cultural experience.
- The project has a new, innovative approach and strategy for how IoT can operate in cities together with artistic design.
- The project provides an experience for residents and tourists.
- The project includes residents and tourists.
- The project can grow and continue after the end of the project period.
- The project shows artistic innovation.
The City of Helsingborg and the Municipality of Elsinore will each host a workshop to strengthen a bond between the participants and act as support in the development of the two art and IoT projects.
- A launch workshop in Helsingborg. We focus on further developing the projects’ artistic / cultural experiences together. The groups and experts provide feedback on the projects.
- A workshop for the development of IoT and technology in Elsinore. We offer help from technical experts for the individual projects.
After our workshops, the participants will enter a development phase and then the projects will be shown in the two cities:
Exhibition spring 2022 in Elsinore
In the spring of 2022, Över sundet premieres in Elsinore. The exhibition will tentatively take place at Kulturværftet.
Exhibition 2022 in Helsingborg
During the summer of 2022, the two projects will be shown in Helsingborg during the H22 City Expo.
Artist fee and materials: 100.000 dkk per project
Travel costs will be covered.
How to apply
The dealine for applications is 12 May 2021. You apply by submitting the following in pdf format:
- 1 page that describes the project’s what, how and why
- 1-2 pages with sketches / documentation of the installation
- A CV of 1 page for everyone in the group
Applications that do not follow the guidelines will not be evaluated.
If you are selected as a participant, we will notify you no later than 21 May 2021. To be part of the project, your participation during our workshops is mandatory. Depending on the situation for covid-19, one or both workshops can be held in Zoom.
Workshop June 9, 10:00 to 15:00
Workshop September 3, 10:00 to 15:00
More info: www.catch.dk/over-sundet/