Back for a third consecutive year, MIX’s pitching competition for queer short films is open for submissions again.
The aim of Queering the Pitch is to encourage both aspiring and established filmmakers to create queer cinema that pushes and explores what queer filmmaking is. We invite everyone with a relevant idea or script to submit it for consideration. The competition is open to short fiction, documentary, or web series pilots that have relevant LGBTQ+ themes and subject matter.
The winning project is awarded a monetary prize of 20.000 DKK to cover production costs, 50.000 DKK worth of film equipment rental from Odense Filmværkstedet, and a guaranteed spot in the Nordic Lights short film program that will be screened in MIX COPENHAGEN 2023.
Nordic Lights is an audience-favorite film program at MIX CPH that is also screened at several other festivals throughout the year, thus ensuring international exposure.
The competition consists of two stages, starting with a written application. All applications will be considered and a shortlist will be selected. At this second stage, applicants will have an opportunity to pitch their project live to a jury of renowned professionals and an audience. The winner will be selected after the live pitching session on Oct 23. You can find all information about MIX COPENHAGEN’s pitching competition 2022 here.
The prices for Queering the Pitch are generously provided by Odense Filmværkstedet.
Every submission must address the following:
- Project type (fiction/documentary/web series or pilot)
- Project length (must be less than 20 minutes)
- The project MUST have LGBTQ+ representation.
- Current draft of script or treatment. (attachment)
- Applicants must warrant that they own or are licensed to use all materials (script, music, photography etc).
- Budget/Summary project budget.(attachment)
If the overall budget is greater than DKK 20,000, evidence of where the additional funds will be secured is to be provided.
- Screener link to one example of previous work of the Director (If available)
- Post-production must be completed by 1 July 2023.
- Completed application form and agreement to terms and conditions.
Applications can be submitted in either English or Danish.
For questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions: October 10, 2022
Live pitching of selected projects: October 23, 2022
We hope to see you there!